First conference of Armenian Heart Rhythm Association
On the 31st of October at Yerevan State Medical University started its activity the First Conference of Armenian Heart Rhythm Association. Two – day meeting united the leading specialists of this area from the USA, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Macedonia, and also Armenia.
Our interlocutor is the Head of Arrhythmology Cardiology Center of “Erebouni” Medical Center, cardiologist – arrhythmologist Lusine Mkhitaryan.
– What progress has been made in this area?
– We are still halfway there. There is still much to be do. For example, we still do not have the training center; there are no medical guides.
– On what basis were the guests of the conference chosen?
– We have tried to establish links and to invite the leaders of major hospitals, the best specialists in this field to discuss the most important arrhythmology problems that exist in Armenia.
– Could you list the problems, please?
– We must discuss all the world `s scientific achevements. ln Armenia there is a great potential ,which, unfortunately, we don't use.
– What issues should to be discussed at the conference?
– The issues related to atrial fibrillation, devices that measure heart rate, the indications for implantation, electrophysiological studies of the heart, ablation will be discussed at the conference. In addition,thw focus will also be on the problems of cardiomyopathy, sudden death, etc. In short, they will discuss all the issues of importance in arrhythmology.
– Who are the main guests of the conference?
– The guests arrived from the United States, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Macedonia, etc. The conference also involved experts from Armenia.
We talked with the children`s cardiologist-arrhythmologist from Center of Congenital Heart Disease Prevention of Spokane (Washington) Hrayr Karapetyan
– My report regards to pregnant women suffering from heart disease. The issue for discussion is that what kind of examinations the woman needs to undergo.
– How to avoid complications?
– A pregnant woman should know exactly what kind of disease she has, and in order to avoid complications should undergo appropriate examination.
– You have been in Armenia already for few days. How would you estimate the collaboration?
– I can say that quite effective work has been done with the specialists of the Erebouni MC. We had performed some complex surgeries , as a result of which the problems with heart rhythm disorders were solved.
– What are your expectations of the conference?
– To unite the arrhythmologists of Armenia, specialists who are involved in heart rhythm disorders and jointly promote the development of Armenian`s arrythmology in accordance with international standards. The aim of the association is to develop medical training programs not only for specialists, but also for patients .
Association was created about six months ago. We have official website www. ahra.am.
– I think it was difficult to organize such a conference?
– Of course, but we have sponsors who have helped us . It is Erebouni MC and a number of pharmaceutical companies.