Some information about hysteroscopy, laparoscopy and gynecology
Hysteroscopy is the method of minimally invasive examination of the uterine cavity with the use of hysteroscope, followed by (if necessary) diagnostic and surgical manipulations. Hysteroscopy allows identifying and removing intrauterine pathologies, removing foregn bodies, taking a biopsy of tissues, removing endometrial polyps. In the process of investigation surgical procedures are available to eliminate causes of the uterine infertility: endometrial polyps, submucous myomatous nodules, hyperplastic foci of endometrium, intrauterine septum and synechiae. It is also make possible recanalization of the fallopian tubes and their mucosal evaluation up to fimbrillar part.
The indications for diagnostic procedures are:
- Suspected uterine endometriosis, submucosal myoma, synechiae (adhesions) in the uterine cavity, ovum residues, cervical cancer and cancer of endometrium, perforation of the uterine wall during abortion or diagnostic scraping.
- Suspected uterine malformations
- Menstrual disorders in women of childbearing age
- Uterine developmental anomalies
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Control study of the uterine cavity after the uterine surgery, at miscarriage, after the hormone therapy
The indications for surgical procedures are:
- submucosal uterine fibroids
- intrauterine septum
- intrauterine synechiae
- endometrial polyps
- endometrial hyperplasia
- removal of intrauterine contraceptive residues
Laparoscopy is a minimal invasive method of diagnosis and surgical interventions. Laparoscopy is performed by penetrating into the abdomen and to the pelvic organs with a few small incisions, and then tools manipulators are inserted through them. Manipulators are provided with micro tools, the lighting and micro-camera, that allows to perform surgeries with visual control, without carrying out large incisions, which reduces the risk of post-operative complications, minimizes the surgical tissue injury and reduces the rehabilitation periods.
Laparoscopy is widely used in gynecology:
- unexplained infertility , which is not revealed by detailed not invasive examination
- ineffective hormonal therapy for infertility
- surgery for ovarian cyst (sclerocystitis, ovarian sclerocystitis, ovarian tumor)
- suspected endometriosis , adhesive disease
- chronic pelvic pains
- endometriosis of uterine appendages, ovaries, pelvic cavity
- myomatous uterine lesions
- tubal ligation, ectopic pregnancy, rupture of the tubes
- ovarian torsion, cyst, ovarian apoplexy, internal bleeding
- examination of the pelvic
In MC Erebouni such kind of surgeries have been performed for a long time, have a fairly widespread use and are carried out by experienced professionals. It allows patients to return to their normal and healthy lifestyle within the shortest period of time.