Traumatology & Orthopaedic Department
Traumatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the treatment of injuries, including fractures, contusions, concussions, sprains, crush syndromes and wounds. The injury is the first cause of death in the population under the age of 40-years, and the third in all age groups. The main causes of injury are car accidents, work accidents, violence and terror.
The contemporary traumatology uses conservative and surgical methods of treatment. In many cases of damage of the musculoskeletal system there is an objective reason for hospital treatment.
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Erebouni Medical Center provides the treatment of all types of injuries, congenital and acquired defects of the musculoskeletal system. Department is equipped with modern operating theater where performed high-tech surgery on routine base, including emergency cases. The clinic uses contemporary methods and technologies for the treatment that developed by the world's leading specialized associations (AO / ASIF, AAOS, etc.). The department performs about 1400 and more orthopedic surgeries per year, such as hip replacement, knee replacement, arthroscopy of large joints (hip, knee, shoulder and ankle), corrective osteotomy and musculo-tendinous plastic surgery in congenital and acquired defects of musculoskeletal apparatus.
During total hip arthroplasty the complete replacement of hip joint to an artificial is performed. This type of surgery is a high-tech and provided by highly qualified specialists of department.
- Osteoarthritis of the hip joint at stage III and IV
- Cervical hip fracture
- False joint of cervix hip bone
- Fracture of whirlbone
- Aseptic (avascular) necrosis of whirlbone Hip joint dysplasia
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Cancer of the hip joint
Total knee replacement is performed with the aim of:
– Elimination of pain
– Restore the range of motion in the knee joint
– Recovery of support ability of the lower limb
The main indications for total knee arthroplasty are:
- Osteoarthritis of the knee joint at stage III and IV
- Aseptic (avascular) necrosis of the femoral and / or tibial condyle
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Cystoid restructuring of the femur and / or tibia condyles
- periarticular tumors of the femur and / or tibia
Department has extensive experience in the treatment of severe polytrauma. It is also performed limb lengthening and replacement of large bone defects using the Ilizarov fixator.
The department also carried out highly specialized surgery of the foot and ankle, hallux vagus (curvatures of the 1st toe), deformation of fingers, acquired deformities of the foot and ankle, injuries and diseases of tendons, fractures heels.
The specialist of the department regularly visit various regions of the country to provide specialized trauma care on the spot, to conduct seminars, as well as engage in a program of disaster medicine and emergency treatment not only in Armenia, but also abroad (Iran, Indonesia), cooperating with international organizations AAOS , SICOT, ATOM, and others.
Department's specialists are actively involved in the Association of Traumatology and Orthopedics of Armenia, as well as other specialized international organizations.
In 2015, signed an agreement on cooperation in the field of orthopedics with a known "Coxa" Clinic (Tampere, Finland).
The priorities of the department are:
- hip replacement,
- knee replacement,
- arthroscopy of large joints (hip, knee, shoulder and ankle)
- corrective osteotomy and musculo-tendinous plastic of congenital and acquired defects of the musculoskeletal system
- bone fractures
- lengthening of the limbs
- replacement of large bone defects
|Vigen Margaryan MD Write a letter Head of department of Traumatology and Orthopedics orthopaedist PH.D.|
|Aharon Margaryan Write a letter orthopaedist||Arthur Sahradyan Write a letter orthopaedist PH.D.|
|Armen Poghosyan MD Write a letter orthopaedist||Gagik Bdoyan MD Write a letter orthopaedist|
|Gurgen Bakhtamyan Write a letter orthopaedist||Hayk Gyulzadyan MD Write a letter orthopaedist|
|Hrachya Harutyunyan MD Write a letter orthopaedist||Rafayel Petrosyan MD Write a letter orthopaedist|
On the basis of Department it is organized the training in accordance with bachelor program. The specialization in traumatology and orthopedics is also provided.
Chair of Orthopedics and Traumatology of YSMU
- - The Department is actively involved in scientific activities , During last 5 years one postdoctoral and two doctoral thesis were finalized and more than 50 scientific papers were published
- Arthur Sahradyan, , Sahradian A.S, Novik A.A, Gritsuk A.A, Ionova T.I, Stojko Yu.M. - Evaluating the effectiveness of replacement of the articular surface of patella in total knee replacement , «Journal of National Medical-Surgical Center named after N.I. Pirogov». . – Vol. VI, №1. – P. 141 – 144
- Arthur Sahradyan, , A.S.Sahradyan, A.A.Gritsuk, Yu.M.Stoyko, G.A.Matushevsky, P.D.Kuzmin, A.P.Sereda - General and specific complications in total knee arthroplasty with and without patellar resurfacing , “Journal of experimental and clinical surgery». – Vol. IV, №3. – P. 478 – 483
- Arthur Sahradyan, , A.S.Sahradyan, A.A.Gritsuk, Yu.M.Stoyko, G.A.Matushevsky, P.D.Kuzmin, A.P.Sereda - Patellar resurfacing in total knee arthroplasty , «Journal of traumatology and orthopedics named after N.N Priorov .- №3. – P. 47 – 52
- 09.12.2016 - COXA-Nairi Clinic- new level in orthopedics of Armenia
- 05.05.2015 -
- 02.03.2015 -
- 26.02.2015 -
- 05.12.2014 -
- 29.11.2014 -
- 22.04.2014 - Polyethylene mesh, enveloping the prosthesis. The specialists from Finland had presented a novelty method to Armenian traumatologist-orthopedists