The department carried out all relevant abdominal surgery. The high qualification and experience of specialists allow performing the complex laparoscopic surgery. Due to multidisciplinary profile of MC Erebouni and high qualification of surgical and urological departments of the Centre, the specialists of Gynecology Department has the opportunity to conduct very complex combined surgical intervention jointly with specialists from other specialized departments.
Gynecology Department conducts reception, examination and treatment of patients with the following disorders:
- adenomyosis and external endometriosis,
- benign and malignant tumors of the genitals,
- chronic pelvic pain,
- reproductive disorders (infertility, miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy)
- pelvic inflammatory disease,
- intrauterine pathology (uterine fibroids, endometrial polyps, etc.)
- congenital anomalies of the genitals,
- ovarian sclerocystic syndrome,
- pelvic organ prolapse (prolapse of the vaginal walls and the uterus)
- urination disorders.
Indications for hospitalization in the Gynecology Department are:
|Gynecological disorders requiring specialized planned conservative care:|
|Gynaecological disorders requiring the provision of specialized surgical care:|
- transabdominal, transvaginal three-dimensional and four-dimensional ultrasound examination of the genitals, with Doppler assessment of blood flow in vessels,
- ultrasound of breast
- immunological examination,
- hormonal survey
- bacteriological methods of examination,
- radiological evaluation of tubal patency,
- endoscopic methods (colposcopy, hysteroscopy, laparoscopy)
- cytological methods of investigation,
- histopathological methods.
Diagnostic laparoscopy reveals the early stages of gynecological diseases, the cause of infertility.
The treatment of the patients performed with the use of new technologies. The department is equipped with modern endovideosurgical equipment "Karl Stozz" (Germany).
The department developed unique methods of surgical interventions through the conventional (laparotomy), vaginal and laparoscopic access.
The department performs through the laparoscopic access surgery of high complexity:
|hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)|
|myomectomy (removal of fibroids)|
|surgery in external genital endometriosis,|
|correction of pelvic organ prolapse using a synthetic mesh.|
- Surgery in tubal infertility
- Laparoscopy in ectopic pregnancy
- Conservative plastic surgery in tubal pregnancy
- Surgery in acute inflammatory diseases of the uterus
- Laparoscopic surgery on ovaries
- Surgery on the ovaries in polycystic ovary syndrome
- Laparoscopic surgery in ovarian apoplexy
- Laparoscopic surgery in ovarian cysts of various sizes and different etiology (origin)
- Laparoscopic surgery on uterine appendages, in ovarian cysts in pregnant women with gestational age less than 20-22 weeks
For the surgical treatment of patients with pelvic dysfunction anti-recurrent technique is widely used (with the use of new high-quality synthetic materials):
- vaginal hysterectomy combined with the vaginal reconstruction and anti-stress slings
- surgical correction in stress incontinence with suburethral slings TVT, TVT-obturatorr, TVT-securr,
- Reconstruction of the vagina by Proliftr in patients with ptosis of the vaginal walls
- minimal trauma;
- absence of scars (cosmetic effect);
- absence of post-operative pain;
- strong recovery;
- shortening of hospital stay from 7-10 days (after abdominal surgery) to 2-3 days;
- minimal risk of postoperative adhesions;
- organ preserving nature of interventions;
- absence of blood loss.
However, despite to all these advantages, endoscopic surgery not always is the best choice for the patient. Specialists of Gynecology Department only after a thorough evaluation of all factors recommend to the patients a particular method of intervention that will be most effective and reliable for them.
1. Chair of Gynecology N3, Postgraduate Education Faculty, Yerevan State Medical University after M. Heratsy
Assistant Professor - Sukiasyan MD, MD, PhD
2. Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology N1 Yerevan State Medical University after M. Heratsy
Professor - Babloyan SR, MD, PhD
Education material for specialists
Education material for Patients
- Milena Suqiasyan MD, - Clinical and laboratory evaluation of the effectiveness of immunotherapy in gisterectomy , Dissertation thesis - 2013
- Norayr Ghukasyan MD, - Current approaches to diagnosis and correction of urogenital disorders in perimenopausal women , Dissertation thesis -2010
- 26.05.2016 - Some information about hysteroscopy, laparoscopy and gynecology
- 05.06.2015 -
- 22.10.2014 -