Department of Cardiopulmonary Pathology
Department of Cardiopulmonary pathology of Erebouni medical center provides treatment is of more than 2,000 patients a year with cardiovascular and lung disease.
The Department provides the examination and treatment of the patients with the following cardiovascular diseases:
- Noncoronary disease of myocardium (MOD),
- Heart failure,
- Cardiac rhythm and conduction disturbance
- Pulmonary embolism and infarction, pneumonia,
- Acquired valvular heart disease
The Department provides also the diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of respiratory system diseases, including rare diseases:
- Coronary artery disease,
- Chronic nonspecific pulmonary disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), complicated by ischemic heart disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis,
- Severe and complicated pneumonia,
- Primary and secondary pulmonary hypertension
- Bronchial Asthma
- Multiple Bronchiectasis
- Chronic bronchitis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Various disorders of respiratory function during sleep (sleep apnea, hypopnea, etc.).
- Pleurisy of various geneses,
- Tracheobronchial dyskinesia,
- fibrosing alveolitis,
Examination of patients with pulmonary pathology is performed within a short time with the use of high-quality and modern equipment of the Diagnostic Clinic of MC Erebouni: clinical and laboratory diagnosis (general clinical and biochemical studies of blood and urine, sputum, including bacteriological and microbiological examination of sputum for the selection of rational antibiotic therapy and etc.), the study of respiratory function, allergological tests, determination of total and specific immunoglobulin "E" and immunograms, X-ray, Computer tomography examination of the chest, endoscopic examination of the respiratory system and others. The department has an intensive care unit, where oxygen therapy is conducted.
Due to multidisciplinarity character of MC Erebouni, availability of highly qualified specialists and modern equipment allows for quick and accurate diagnosis of diseases of the cardiovascular and pulmonary pathology. It also provides the consultation of the patients by multidisciplinary team of specialists and effective treatment according to international standards and guidelines.
In the department there are general and individual wards, designed for 1 patient. There is an intensive care 8-bed ward with oxygen therapy.
For the diagnosis of cardiovascular and lung diseases the department uses the own facilities as well as facilities of Diagnostic Clinic of MC Erebouni:
- Clinical diagnostic laboratory with the possibility of both general biochemical and immunological blood tests and microbiological, microscopic and bacteriological tests of sputum pleural punctate;
- Echocardiography with Doppler and duplex scanning
- Endoscopy (bronchoscopy) with the biopsy, as well as performance of lavage and other medical interventions
- The diagnostic cardiac catheterization of heart and vessels
- X-ray diagnostics
- Computed tomography
Examination of patients can be carried out on in-patient as well as on out-patient base.
The main priorities and directions of Department's activities are:
- Diagnosis and treatment of heart failure
- Prevention and assessment of the risk of sudden cardiac death
- Heart failure. The development of prognostic criteria.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - diagnosis, treatment, prevention of cardiac complications
|Laura Atayan MD Write a letter Head of Department of Cardiopulmonary Pathology cardiologist|
|Anahit Margaryan MD Write a letter cardiologist||Anush Grigoryan MD Write a letter cardiologist|
|Gayane Armaghanyan MD Write a letter||Nelly Grigoryan MD Write a letter cardiologist|
|Tatevik Gegdjyan MD Write a letter cardiologist||Albert Martirosyan Write a letter thoracic surgeon|
- 26.05.2005 - 26.05.2015 - Consultation of the patients on charity base in Yerevan as well as in various regions of Armenia